History, culture and an abundance of jobs!
October, 2013 dates TBA soon!
Get ready to visit a fascinating city with Teach International. Istanbul symbolises splendour, magnificence and grandeur - this ancient city is Turkey's cultural heart. There is much which remains to be discovered in Istanbul and you cannot fully know it until you become a part of it, mingle with its crowds and get lost in its winding streets. Embrace its history, its culture, its civilisation and its treasures.
Study TESOL in Istanbul
Teach International is inviting you to join our Study Overseas Programme in Istanbul. This course will be a fun learning experience, surrounded by like-minded adventurers, where you will complete your TESOL training in a non-English speaking country and teach real classes to real students. Teach International’s highly skilled trainers, who have lived and worked overseas for a number of years, will be there to assist you every step of the way.
- TESOL in-class course (all certificate levels)
- Additional lesson-planning day
- Practice teaching undertaken to classes of local students
- Orientation by Teach International staff
- Several group dinners
- Advice on a range of local accommodation to suit all budgets
- 20% off travel insurance
Start researching what Turkey has to offer the English teacher - Istanbul Quick Facts
Download the registration forms now.
- Welcome Dinner
- 5 day in-class TESOL course
- Lesson planning workshop
- Practice teaching
- Graduation Dinner (end of second week)
Turkey is a modern country with an amazingly rich cultural and natural heritage that is opening its gates to the world. The rewards of living and working in Istanbul, a beautiful, fascinating, and diverse city at the crossroads of East and West, are there to be had.
Turkish parents and young people are more eager than ever to learn and use the English language. Dozens of private secondary schools and a few universities use English as the language of instruction, and many secondary schools hire native-speaking teachers. If you speak English as your first language, you are almost guaranteed a job teaching English in Turkey whether you are a new or experienced teacher. The number of students wanting to learn English far outweighs the number of English teachers, so the TESOL employment market in Istanbul, and Turkey in general, is extremely positive and timely.
Why undertake your TESOL course in Istanbul?
- There is currently a high demand for English teachers in Istanbul as Turkey opens its doors to the world and continues the process of entering the European Union
- There is an abundance of jobs for new and experienced teachers
- A large range of benefits on offer, including reimbursement of airfares, bonuses, accommodation, and paid holidays
- A very low cost of living means your salary will enable you a high quality of living and enough money for frequent travel and shopping
- Jobs for degree and non-degree holders
- A culturally rich and historically fascinating city, with warm and welcoming people who are keen to learn English from native speakers
- Jumping off point to travel and gain work throughout The Middle East, Asia or Europe
- Get a feel for living and working in Turkey before making a long-term commitment
What will it cost?
In addition to the standard course cost, there is an ‘in-country training payment’ to complete the course overseas - $250 will be added to the cost to cover the additional provisions for these Study Overseas programmes.
The biggest advantage to doing this course in Istanbul is that you can have an amazing holiday experience in one of the most popular destinations in the heart of Asia and Europe and complete the in-class part of your TESOL training and complete all of your practice teaching lessons and observations.
The course will be run by our qualified trainers who have years of overseas teaching experience.
Book your place today!
Register for any of ou courses (except iTESOL) and select the SOP option of your choice.
Read more about Turkish culture and language with our Istanbul Quick Facts.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to teach and travel in Turkey with Teach International.