At Teach International, we believe that researching your options, both jobs and training, is one of the most important tasks you will undertake.
When choosing your TESOL training provider, here are some questions to ask to help make your decision:
- Are the teacher trainers qualified to teach?
- Have they had extensive overseas teaching experience?
- Can you go to an information evening and meet the trainers before starting the course?
- Is the program well-rounded, alerting teachers to issues they will face overseas?
- Does the course have a practice teaching component?
- Does the training organisation have the ability to develop its own material or does it rely only on published material?
- Is the course internationally recognised?
- Are course timing and the delivery of training, study and practice teaching convenient to the student?
- What is the cost?
- Is the course Nationally Recognised?
Job Search Support
- Is the training organisation internationally recognised?
- Does the training organisation guarantee the graduate a job? What kind of support is offered?
- Can graduates access ongoing support as they seek jobs in the future?
- Does the training organisation offer current, comprehensive information on the types of jobs, working conditions, salaries, etc. available worldwide?
- Does the training organisation have a graduate network and encourage teachers and students to keep in touch after graduation?
- Will the training organisation give you names and email addresses of graduates for you to contact?
Great Reasons to enrol in a Teach International’s TESOL Courses